You Are Reading

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // No. 7 Antiques Further Research

On the premise of my previous research, I have began to develop my ideas on design practice with the stationary range I would like to produce. I've begun to look at branding which uses the same elements which I plan to use, and some branding which uses some of the processes I would like to use. 




Adding some texture to a business card would be a good feature to add to this project. It implies quality and care, not just any printed design on a card. It's a personal touch, knowing that they're likely handmade. 




Another part of this branding is the wax seal, it's a symbol of elegance and sophistication, an extremely traditional device, not commonly used. Something I'd associate with an Antiques shop. 



Above is an example of a business card Letterpress de-bossing. It has a very professional quality to it. 

 



More examples of Letterpressed business cards, they're very similar to what I would like to produce for my own business cards. 










Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.