You Are Reading

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // D&AD npower - initial research

I've decided to change my brief from Fedrigoni, a YCN brief, to a D&AD brief, the npower brief. By doing so, I'm giving myself some variation. I'm most draw towards the web side of design, the Fedrigoni brief was aimed and paper and print, the npower brief requires I create a proposal/mock up of an app, for android and iOS devices. I've never focused on an app before, so I'd like to give it a go in this brief.



I first listened to the audio recording npower uploaded to soundcloud, so show us what they wanted to get from the competition. 


They spoke clearly about how they wanted something new, not an updated version of what's already out there. So, I will have to conduct further research into what is already out there, what isn't, and perhaps a primary research survey, to find whom uses what, and what people need from an energy saving app. I know already, as well as 'a new idea', i want to add a method of monitoring your energy usage, the cost of which, goals you can set, to reduce your carbon footprint.

"RWE npower is a leading integrated UK energy company. We supply gas, electricity and related services to residential and business customers and operate and manage a flexible portfolio of coal, gas and oil-fired power stations. We also manage a portfolio of cogeneration plant."

"We are part of the RWE Group, one of Europe’s five leading electricity and gas companies, active in the generation, trading, transmission and supply of electricity and gas. For more information about RWE and other Group companies, including RWE npower renewables, please visit the RWE website."


An example of enpower's existing energy tracker works. I'd like to implement this within the app, and perhaps a method to control your boiler and energy usage on the go.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.