You Are Reading

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // Secret 7 (2014)


As part of the Secret 7 2014 brief, I'm going to look into the original art work of 'Get It On', by T.Rex. The idea of Secret 7 is to communicate the band and the song, without revealing their name, or any of the lyrics. Only using imagery. 


I don't think the original artwork fits the song, really. The song is very lively, and active. Whereas this artwork is quite black, tame and rather boring. Black and white doesn't really fit the theme, I think. 


This image reflects the song a little better, however, by todays standards, it looks very dated. Probably because it was made in the 70's. I think my own design work will have to be a more modern style. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.